The deadline for abstracts for the 2020 seL4 Summit Call for Presentations has been extended to September 15, 2020. Correspondingly, the Author Notification date has also been extended to September 30, 2020. A copy of the Call for Presentations with the revised dates is include below.
You are cordially invited to submit an abstract for consideration for presentation during the 3rd Annual seL4 Summit (supported by DARPA and AFRL), to be held virtually on November 15-18, 2020.
seL4 is the first formally verified microkernel, which offers fundamental software separation properties and provides new opportunities to build assured computer systems. The seL4 Summit is part of an effort to establish a Center of Excellence (COE) focused on seL4 ecosystems, aiming to mature the seL4 technology, stabilize the software distribution, train and expand the user base, and develop needed capabilities.
The development of seL4, originally developed by NICTA and now supported by CSIRO’s Data61 in Australia, and the development of the COE supported by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), share a common focus where both efforts aim to create technology for the construction of high-assurance cyber-physical systems, where high assurance is defined to mean functionally correct and satisfying appropriate safety and security properties.
For information about the First and Second seL4 Summit, please visit the Summit website at https://www.sel4-us.org/summit2020.
The Organizing Committee invite researchers and practitioners from academia, industry, and government to present work of interest to the seL4 community during the Third Annual seL4 Summit. The abstract should include a title, name of the presenter, organization, a brief description of the work (or work in progress), and its relevance to seL4 and building assured systems. Interested topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- OS Kernel Design
- Building Assured Systems
- seL4 Center of Excellence and Ecosystem
- Government Efforts
- Capabilities and Applications based on a Microkernel
- Embedded and Cyber Physical System
- Formal Verification and Tools
- Trusted Execution Environment
- Correctness by Construction
- Secure and Resilient Systems
- Maturity, Assurance, and Transition
- Artifacts and Certification
- Call for Presentation Submissions Due: originally 08/28/2020 extended to 09/15/2020
- Author Notification Due: originally 09/18/2020 extended to 09/30/2020
- Final Video (with sound) Presentation Due: 10/23/2020
Extended Abstracts for Presentation should be sent to Summit2020(a)sel4-us.org.
seL4 Center of Excellence Organizing Committee
- Douglas, Schafer AFRL
- Jason Li, Siege Tech
- Jerry Dussault, Griffiss Inst.
- June Andronick, Data61
- Raymond Richards, DARPA I2O
- Robbie VanVossen, DornerWorks
- Renato Levy, IAI
- Todd Carpenter, Adventium Labs